- Current Status of Faculty Development Events in Different Medical Institutions of Bangladesh. July 2020, Wakil Ahmed, Zinat Rehana Shipu, Syed Zakir Hossain, Syeda Afroza, Md. Humayun Kabir Talukder. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Education. ISSN: 2306-0654 July, 2020 Vol.-11, Issue-02.
- Assesment system of post-graduate Orthopaedic Surgery courses- Change we need. Jan’2010, Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. Shah M. Hafizur Rahman, Dr. Rafiqul Islam. The Journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, Jan’ 2010, Vol. 25, no.1, P 1-2
- Reconstruction of ACL by Hamstring graft-Our Experience of 51 cases. Jan’2008. Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. S K Nurul Amin. The Journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, Jan’ 2008, Vol. 23, no. 1, P 1-3
- Neglected Clubfoot surgical correction by PMR with cuboid decencellation. Jan’2006. Dr. Mohd Tozammel Hossain, GAS M. Shamim, Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. S K Nurul Alam. The Journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, Jan’2006, Vol. 21, no. 1, P 31-32
- Coverage of large Sacral score-A Panacea. April’2006. Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. GAS M. Shamim, Dr. T. Hossain, Dr. M A Kalam, Dr. S K Nurul Alam. TAS-Journal of Teacher’s Association. Sher-E Bangla Medical College, Barisal. Apr’ 2006. Vol. XXII, no. 56, p 1075 – 76
- Rescueing of Acetabulam – Internal Fixation of Posterior wall. July’ 2006. Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. Shah M Hafizur Rahman, Dr. Tozammel Hossain, Bangladesh Medical Journal, July’ 2006. Vol. 35, No. 3, P 92 – 93
- Total Scapulectomy – A case report.July 2004 M. Ali, Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Golam Faruque, Dr. S K Nurul Alam The Journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, July’ 2004 , Vol. 19, no. 2, p 59 – 62
- Objective assessment of technical skills in Orthopaedic courses of Bangladesh, July’2010, Dr. Shah M. Hafizur Rahman, Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. Sabina yeasmin, Dr. Abu Saleh Monirul, Alam, Dr. Md. Khurshed Alam; The journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, July’ 2010, vol. 25, no. 2, p 57 – 61
- Sub-ungual glomous tumour: Two different approaches of excision.Jan-2011. Dr. Shah M. Hafizur Rahman, Dr. Abu Saleh M. Monirul Alam, Dr. Wakil Ahmed, Dr. M. Nuruzzaman, Dr. Samarjit Barua; The journal of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society, Jan’ 2011, vol. 26, no. 1, p 59 – 64
Dr. Wakil Ahmed trained as an Orthopedic Surgeon in the National Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedic Rehabilitation (NITOR), Dhaka, Bangladesh and advanced training in Sports Medicine, Knee and Shoulder arthroscopy as well as hip/ knee replacement surgery in Singapore General Hospital, Singapore with renowned specialists Prof. Paul Chang, Prof. A. K Mitra, A/ Prof. Andrew Tan and A/ Prof.Denny Lie. He also received advanced training from Thailand, South Korea and India. Large portion of his practice is dedicated to Hip and Knee joint replacement surgery and Arthroscopic surgery of knee and shoulder joint.